Emotional Regulation Skill-Building
Recommended for Ages 2-5
Total Runtime: 40 minutes
Included in Learning Sets
Don't have a Storypod?
You'll need a Storypod to listen to the interactive audio on Jealous Monster.Get the Storypod
Welcome to the world of Storypod's Emotional Learning Monsters, featuring our newest monster friend - Jealous Monster!
Crafted with the expertise of a Social Thinking® Teacher and Certified Speech Language Pathologist, our unique series offers children a delightful mix of stories, songs, and activities that center on various emotions. This installment takes a deep dive into the emotion of jealousy to help kids grapple with their big feelings.
Join Jealous Monster on their daily adventures, navigating the world around them. Whenever Jealous Monster begins to feel envious, insightful lessons, soothing songs, and various strategies come into play to help them understand and manage their feelings of jealousy. Grown-Up Monster facilitates conflict resolution, reminding children that it's okay to feel jealous and teaching them to wait their turn patiently.
Jealous Monster Teaches About:
- Recognizing Signals of Jealousy for Increased Self-Awareness
- Emotional Regulation Techniques to Manage Intense Feelings of Envy
- Engaging and Practical Songs to Help Tackle Jealousy in Real-Time
- Empathizing with Others Who Might be Experiencing Similar Feelings
- Introduction & Jealous Monster Theme Song (2:27)
- Introduction of Grown-Up Monster (5:43)
- “Body Check” Song (1:53)
- Being a Special Helper (3:09)
- “You Are Loved” Song (2:18)
- Sharing Toys (4:37)
- “Celebrate My Jealousy” Song (2:19)
- Making Pancakes (4:39)
- “Sharing Fun Times” Song (1:57)
- Jealous Feelings Tell Us What We Like (3:35)
- “Jealousy Moves Me” Song (2:00)
- Jump in Puddles Activity (1:02)
- Closing (0:59)
- “I Feel Better” Song (2:14)
- “Storypod Goodbye” Song (1:05)
Co-Written by Jacki Rubin
Music by Megan Schoenbohm and Nisha Asnani
Voice Acting by Nathanael Taylor & DaShaun Williams
Recording, sound design, mixing and mastering by Scantic River Productions
While Storypod Audio Content can be enjoyed by children of all ages, children under 3 years old should only use Storypod under adult supervision.
Less Screen Time, More Audio Play
Keep your mind at ease knowing your kiddos will be delightfully entertained for hours without screens.
Endless Fun, Even On the Go
With Storypod's 10 hour battery and offline play, your little ones can keep the fun going anywhere they go.
Interactive Play for Developing Minds
Stimulate your children's minds with interactive, hands-on entertainment that is both fun and educational.