Emotional Regulation Skill-Building
Recommended for ages 2-5
Total Runtime: 39 minutes
Included in Subscription
Don't have a Storypod?
You'll need a Storypod to listen to the interactive audio on Sad Monster.Get the Storypod
Welcome to the world of Storypod's Emotional Learning Monsters, presenting our newest monster friend - Sad Monster!
Developed under the guidance of a Social Thinking® Teacher and Certified Speech Language Pathologist, our series delivers a captivating blend of stories, music, and activities that center on various emotions. This Craftie focuses on the emotion of sadness, aiming to help kids grapple with this big feeling.
Embark on everyday adventures with Sad Monster as they navigate the world. When Sad Monster starts to feel sorrow, especially missing their Grown-Up Monster when they go to work or school, insightful lessons, calming songs, and numerous strategies come to the rescue, aiding them in understanding and handling their feelings of sadness. Sad Monster assists kids in processing the feeling of loss, like when they misplace their teddy bear, and the array of emotions it incites.
Sad Monster Teaches About:
- Recognizing signals of sadness for improved self-awareness
- Emotional regulation techniques to handle intense feelings of sadness
- Coping mechanisms when missing loved ones or experiencing loss
- Practical songs to help navigate big feelings in the moment
- How to empathize with others experiencing big feelings
- Introduction & "Sad Monster Theme" Song (2:20)
- Introduction of Grown-Up Monster and Sad Emotion (3:58)
- “Body-Checkin” Song (1:53)
- Being Apart for the Day (5:08)
- “Together/Apart” Song (2:39)
- Getting to School (2:40)
- Show and Tell (2:39)
- “I Have Something Special” Song (2:31)
- Art Class (4:09)
- Reuniting with Grown-Up Monster (1:42)
- “Reunion/Coming Together” Song (2:02)
- Lost Teddy Bear/Help From Frustrated Monster (7:39)
- “Stoplight I Feel Lighter” Song (2:06)
- Feeling Better (0:57)
- “I Feel Better” Song (2:14)
- Storypod Closing Song (1:05)
Co-Written by Jacki Rubin
Music by Scantic River Productions
Voice Acting by Greg Balla & Lina Marie
Recording, sound design, mixing and mastering by Scantic River Productions
While Storypod Audio Content can be enjoyed by children of all ages, children under 3 years old should only use Storypod under adult supervision.
Less Screen Time, More Audio Play
Keep your mind at ease knowing your kiddos will be delightfully entertained for hours without screens.
Endless Fun, Even On the Go
With Storypod's 10 hour battery and offline play, your little ones can keep the fun going anywhere they go.
Interactive Play for Developing Minds
Stimulate your children's minds with interactive, hands-on entertainment that is both fun and educational.